The Risk You Take When You Do Not Finish Your Will
Experienced will lawyers Folsom CA clients know can tell you that completing your will is vital when it comes to ensuring that your assets are divided in the way that you wish. Failing to do so puts you at risk of experiencing a lengthy court process that can cause added stress during an already trying time. The Folsom will lawyers at Yee Law Group can play an important role in helping you to determine how you would like to divide your assets to your loved ones.
Writing a Valid Will
We have over 40 years of combined experience in helping people complete their wills. You can feel confident that, with our guidance, you will have a valid will that clearly outlines your last wishes. Our will lawyers Folsom CA chooses understand that there are specific requirements that must be in place for a will to be valid and accepted by the courts. This includes:
- You must be at least 18 years old;
- Your will must be signed by you, proving that you are in agreement with the information outlined within the will;
- You must be of sound mind for your will to be valid–meaning, you must be lucid and able to make decisions on your own; and
- At least two people must witness the signing of the will.
An Invalidated Will
The will lawyers Folsom CA trusts from Yee Law Group can help put together a will for you that is ironclad. Unfortunately, if a will is not done correctly, it is possible for a will to be invalidated. Examples of situations that lead to invalidating a will include:
- Using an older version of a will that has already been updated
- Not having two people witness the will
- Putting together a will for someone who is not of sound mind
- If a person was forced to create the will
- If a will was forged by another
What Should Be Included in My Will?
Writing your own will can be an overwhelming and emotional task. Rest assured that Yee Law Group’s will lawyers Folsom CA recommends are skilled in handling the writing wills with kindness and compassion. You will want to be sure that you have included all of your assets in your will. With our attention to detail, we can help you to make sure that you don’t miss any important information that should be included.
Examples of what you may include in your will include:
- An estate executor
- Proceeds from your retirement plan (i.e. 401K or Pension)
- Beneficiaries that you assign to your bank accounts
- Any property that you own
- Valuable such as jewelry
Find the RIght Will Lawyers in Folsom CA
Planning to write a will may seem daunting. Some people worry about the expense of retaining an attorney to help with their will; others may not believe that they have much that needs to be sorted out when they pass away. But at Yee Law Group, we know that you don’t have to be wealthy to create a will. You may be surprised when you actually start to take a look at your assets at the number of decisions you will need to make when preparing your will. Contact us today at 916-927-9001 to get started working with one of our will lawyers Folsom CA prefers, and to find the peace of mind that comes from proper estate planning.