To effectively manage the estate of a loved one, you may want to hire a probate lawyer Sacramento CA residents can trust. By doing so, you may alleviate overwhelming feelings of confusion, while receiving valuable advice on how to proceed in the organization of an estate.
Hiring a Probate Lawyer in Sacramento CA
The Law Offices of Yee Law Group, PC, PC offers probate legal services to assist in the creation and execution of wills, as well as the management of estates. Through many years of mentoring, education, and practical experience, we have developed the skills needed to advise Executors and beneficiaries of estates to best settle the affairs of those who are deceased or deemed otherwise incapacitated. By hiring a Sacramento CA probate lawyer, you may potentially avoid the drama and turmoil that is often associated with probate court matters and legal proceedings
What Does a Top Probate Lawyer Sacramento CA Offers to Do?
A probate lawyer, also known as an estate attorney, is responsible for assisting a personal representative of an estate through the process of probate. Every step involved in probating an estate is dependent upon the local laws of where the descendent resided upon their death, as well as any other state where he or she owned real estate. Once all important documents have been gathered, your probate lawyer may develop a workable plan, which assists in the distribution of assets and property. A lawyer may also:
- Pay debt or taxes
- File state and federal tax returns
- Oversee funeral costs
- Locate next of kin
- Distribute retirement benefits
- Contest probate disputes
- Offer legal counsel in probate-related wrongful death claims
Going to Probate Court
When a person has died, or is no longer able to make sound decisions about their estate, the parties involved may be required to go to probate court. Having a Sacramento CA probate lawyer by your side may be highly beneficial, and may give you peace of mind knowing your interests are being looked after in a dutiful manner. Probate court involves a judge, but no jury. The judge will review the case and assist in the settling of affairs that were left behind. A probate lawyer Sacramento CA families trust may try to accomplish the following during probate court:
- Prove the deceased or incapacitated person’s will is valid
- Appoint a person to be in charge of inventorying and distributing assets, and the payment of debts
- Agree to pay any outstanding debts or taxes
- Resolve disputes that could arise (i.e. who gets what personal property)
- Distribute the remaining property as the will directs
The Benefits of Hiring a Probate Lawyer Sacramento CA Respects
Entrusting a probate lawyer to assist in the precarious nature of estate affairs may be very beneficial. A probate lawyer in Sacramento CA may help to:
- Give you options for the probate, and ensure you have a say in making sure things are taken care of according to the wishes of the will.
- Provide perspective through the ability to have multiple people look at the issues from an unbiased point of view.
- A probate lawyer Sacramento CA trusts may help to maintain a steady process, enabling it to be resolved as hastily as possible.
Scheduling a Consultation with Yee Law Group, PC, PC
The Law Offices of Yee Law Group, PC, PC., provides legal advice to our clients across a broad range of complexities associated with probate law and its processes. As trusted advisors, we are here to walk clients through the probate process, and assist in the resolution of financial matters and estate distribution. To schedule a consultation with a probate lawyer Sacramento CA residents rely on, call 916-927-9001
Probate Lawyer Sacramento CA
“Super knowledgeable – Mike is not just a professional, but he’s an expert who I trust. He’s friendly/approachable and able to explain things in a way I understand.” – Tim H.