An elder law attorney Sacramento CA respects from Yee Law Group may be a great advocate for your elderly family member. An attorney may help your family member with legal issues many elderly people face, such as long-term care planning and estate planning. We may protect your loved one’s assets and make sure no one takes advantage of your family member financially.
What Can an Elder Law Attorney Do?
An elder law attorney in Sacramento CA may be incredibly helpful to an elderly person in several different ways. A lawyer may provide a senior with guidance and be available to answer any questions about estate planning and other financial issues. Here are a few things an elder law attorney may help with:
1. Guardianship: Elderly people who become incapacitated from an illness or injury may have trouble making legal and financial decisions on their own. That’s where a guardian comes in. This person is appointed to make legal and financial decisions for an elderly person. An elder law attorney Sacramento CA trusts may help an elderly person select the appropriate guardian.
2. Estate Planning: An elder law attorney may help senior citizens with estate planning so that their assets are passed onto their heirs after they die. An elder law attorney may also help their clients avoid too many estate taxes.
3. Medicaid Planning: Nursing home care is necessary for many senior citizens, but it can be quite expensive. In some cases, nursing home care can be paid for by Medicaid. If you are low-income, you may be able to qualify. However, Medicaid laws can be quite complex, so it may be helpful to hire an elder law attorney Sacramento CA depends on.
4. Housing Transitions: When elderly people are no longer able to care for themselves, they may move from their house to a retirement home or assisted living facility, where their basic needs will get taken care of. An elder law attorney may help an elderly person with this transition by preparing all of the necessary documents.
Hiring an Elder Law Attorney
If your elderly loved one is dealing with a legal or financial issue, you may want to set up a free initial consultation with a Sacramento elder law attorney from Yee Law Group. A lawyer may sit down with you and your family member and determine the best way to handle the issue. During the meeting, do not hesitate to ask an elder law attorney Sacramento CA counts on plenty of questions, including:
- Does your practice focus on a particular niche of elder law?
- Do you have experience with similar cases?
- Do you educate other individuals about elder law issues?
- How much time do you have to devote to my case?
- How long have you been an elder law attorney?
- Where did you attend law school?
Do not wait to hire a lawyer to represent your elderly family member. If you are searching for an experienced elder law attorney Sacramento CA offers, contact Yee Law Group at 916-927-9001.