Living Trust Lawyer
Trust litigation attorneys understand that many trust and estate matters are personal, private, and unique. Emotions are high, as losing a relative or loved one can be challenging and complicated. Trust disputes can take a significant toll on individuals, and the counsel of a qualified and compassionate trust litigation lawyer can help you through every step of the process.
Trust and estate litigators are knowledgeable and experienced trial attorneys. They can represent you in even the most complex and high-profile disputes encompassing trusts, estates, and conservatorships. An attorney can represent you in claims against fiduciaries, guardianship disputes, will and trust contests, and charitable and exempt organization disputes. A lawyer has extensive experience in the probate courts, in-depth knowledge of the intricacies of trust law, and skill navigating the unique procedures related to trust and probate disputes.
Experienced in handling litigation in the probate courts
Seasoned trial attorneys have many years of experience in the probate courts and a thorough knowledge of the substantive law and unique procedures required to navigate trust litigation to a favorable outcome. Many aspects of litigation are unique to trust and estate disputes, so an in-depth understanding of trust and estate law is essential.
Trust and probate issues often intersect with other legal matters and disciplines such as:
- Real estate law
- Tax law
- Corporate law
In these circumstances, trust litigation professionals may need to draw on the resources of other lawyers who have extensive subject matter knowledge in those areas. Trust litigation lawyers frequently have established relationships with others who are well-versed in these matters and can bring them to bear to provide the best representation possible.
Litigating trusts and probate disputes may involve:
- Claims for breach of fiduciary duty
- Beneficiary disputes
- Claims for breach of duty of loyalty
- Will and trust contests
- Judicial creation and modification of wills and trusts
- Investment claims
- Contested heirship
- Charitable pledge disputes
- Pretermitted and adopted heirs
- Will and trust validity,
- Challenges to capacity
- Matters of undue influence or elder abuse
- Contested accountings
- Contested powers of attorney
- Fraudulent transfers
- Spousal right of election
- Partition actions
- Family and estate management disputes
- Wrongful death recovery
- And more
A trust litigation attorney can offer you an integrated approach that brings together numerous beneficial resources.
Benefits of a knowledgeable and experienced trust litigation lawyer
Benefits may include:
- Aggressive litigation strategies and trial tactics
- Creative and practical problem-solving driven by and tailored to your unique needs and what you want to achieve
- Straight talk and effective communication that sets expectations and keeps you up-to-date with the process
- Insight that can cut to the heart of the matter and bring a resolution sooner than you may expect
- Unrelenting pressure on the other party and the court to resolve and expedite the case in your favor
Trust litigation is a means to an end, and every problem should be approached by considering what will serve your personal goals. It is crucial to have a dependable trust litigation lawyer during such a highly emotional and potentially difficult time. Contact the best trust lawyer for more information or to schedule a consultation.